How get resulting HTML of datagrid

VB Programmer

I have a databound datagrid on an aspx form. How can I get the resulting
html that is generated via code? I want to response.write the html results
(of the dg) to the end of another html page.

Any ideas?

Juno

Hi,

datagrid is transferred to a table in client side, so if you want html code
in client, use outerHTML property of that table to get whole html code.

VB Programmer

Thanks. Let me clarify what I'm trying to do:

I have a class which opens, reads, then writes the contents of a given HTML
file to the browser. Basically, all it does is display the HTML file. The
catch is that there could be dynamic "keywords" scattered throughout the
HTML, such as [Company], or [StreetAddress], etc.... My class, when it
encounters these "keywords" during it's read, will do the necessary
processing (which may include db lookups, etc...) and then will dynamically
replace the keyword with the proper result, such as "ACME" for company name.
A large HTML string is basically being built up, then a simple
Response.Write will output the page. (If you were to view the ASPX page
(that calls this class) in the Designer it is blank because the page is
being created on the fly.)

Here's the issue...
One of the keywords that may be encountered is "[StatTable]". When this is
encountered I need to populate a datagrid on the fly with data from the db
and output the pure HTML to the screen.

Any ideas?
Are you all totally confused?