How good is com wrapper for .net

YeeCN

Hi,

I need to web enable a VB6 program. Should I go for asp or asp.net?
Asp.net would definitely my choice, but I am concerned about the possible
slow down that could be caused by the .net to com interop layer.

I would greatly appreciate anybody who could shed some light on this.

Best regards,
Yee

bradley

When you say VB6 program, do you mean a COM dll library written in VB6 ? One
option would be to port the library to VB.NET.

YeeCN

Yes - COM dll.

What do you mean by porting to VB.NET? Rewriting and recompiling the whole
thing in VB.NET? That's not an option for now.

What I am looking at is to build an alternate Web front end using the same
COM backend objects.