    Anyway, now i want to know is Ivor Hortan's Book best one ?

    thanks.

    , Feb 21, 2007

  2. impaler Guest

    Re: How good is Ivor Hortan's book(Beginning Java 2) for Java ?

    On Feb 21, 5:12 pm, wrote:
    > hi.
    > I know some of you might not comfortable with the format of some of
    > the postings yesterday, I'll takecare everytime while asking a
    > comprehensively and without using any acronyms.Right!
    >
    > Anyway, now i want to know is Ivor Hortan's Book best one ?
    >
    > thanks.

    It's Ivor Horton not Hortan.
    Beginning Java 2, JDK 5 Edition it's a good book for beginners and
    it's definitely better for Java learners than his other book that
    teaches Visual C++.
    Unless you want the older version of his Java book: Beginning Java 2,
    SDK 1.4 Edition

    Don't ask what a book can teach you, ask what you want to learn from
    that book. There are TOCs for free and sample chapters that can give
    you an idea if it fits your requirements.

    impaler, Feb 21, 2007