    replaced using the Visual Studio Designer.

    Thanks for any help,
    F.M.
    Frank, Feb 27, 2007

  2. Frank wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Just wondering how much pain is involved in taking an existing website
    > created with Dreamweaver (mostly just plain HTML + some javascript) then
    > converting each page to ASP.NET with Code-Behind for each page?
    >
    > The website is a mockup in plain HTML so there is no database hooked up yet.
    > I'm assuming plain HTML elements like input text boxes can easily be
    > replaced using the Visual Studio Designer.
    >
    > Thanks for any help,
    > F.M.

    You can just create a new aspx page for each html page, remove
    everything except the @Page tag and just page the existing html code.
    This will work, but that doesn't turn any controls into server controls.

    You can keep some code including the form tag (with runat="server") from
    the aspx page and put the contents from the html page into that. By
    adding runat="server" and an id to the form fields, you can access them
    from code behind. Or you can replace them with the equivalent web
    controls. If this is easier to do in the code or in the designer,
    depeneds on how you are used to work with hmtl.

    --
    Göran Andersson
    _____
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=F6ran_Andersson?=, Feb 28, 2007

  3. Frank

    Zeba Guest

    Would the code be more efficient by leaving html controls as such,
    where there is no need to write any code-behind for that control ?

    Zeba, Feb 28, 2007
  4. Yes, slightly more efficient as there is a few objects less to create,
    but hardly enough to make a measurable difference.

    --
    Göran Andersson
    _____
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=F6ran_Andersson?=, Feb 28, 2007