    jalexa9898 Guest

    I am asking because I wrote some flex that was put in xml and I want to
    embed it in some html is this hard to do?

    jalexa9898, Aug 28, 2006

  2. jalexa9898 wrote:

    > I am asking because I wrote some flex that was put in xml and I want to
    > embed it in some html is this hard to do?

    HTML 4 has iframe and object to embed other documents. Whether it makes
    any sense to embed your XML with an iframe or object I don't know, some
    browsers (like IE/Win or Mozilla) will try to pretty print the XML tree
    with an XSL stylesheet if the XML document does not link to a stylesheet
    or, in the case of Mozilla, the document does not contain any elements
    in namespaces the browser recognizes (e.g. XHTML , SVG). Other browsers
    might simply render any text content in XML elements. So generally if
    you have XML then it is better to transform it on the server into
    something more suitable for web browsers.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

    Martin Honnen, Aug 28, 2006

  3. jalexa9898

    jalexa9898 Guest

    What if your programming in flex

    jalexa9898, Sep 1, 2006
  4. jalexa9898

    Peter Flynn Guest

    jalexa9898 wrote:
    > What if your programming in flex

    Code is just code. The language is not significant. Provided you escape
    < and & as &lt; and &amp; you can just use the <pre> element to hold
    the code for display.

    If you want the XML to be *interpreted* by the browser as XML, that's
    an entirely different question, which Martin has already answered. But
    in that case it's XML, not Flex. Browsers won't do anything with flex
    code (except ignore it).

    ///Peter
    --
    XML FAQ: http://xml.silmaril.ie/

    Peter Flynn, Sep 2, 2006
  5. jalexa9898

    jalexa9898 Guest

    But if the flex is embedded in the xml wouldn't it read it then

    jalexa9898, Sep 2, 2006
  6. jalexa9898

    Peter Flynn Guest

    jalexa9898 wrote:
    > But if the flex is embedded in the xml wouldn't it read it then

    Wouldn't what read what? Can you be a bit more specific about what you
    want to do, then maybe we can help you.

    ///Peter

    Peter Flynn, Sep 2, 2006
  7. jalexa9898

    jalexa9898 Guest

    Ok I will do my best to explain it here. Ok I have recently started to
    program in a new language that has recently become popular called Flex.
    It is made by the Adobe people. Now I know this is an xml newsgroup and
    not a Flex newsgroup but I am just explaining it to clear things up.
    Well one of the things Flex does is when you write a flex page it seems
    to use xml. Apparantly the code is embedded in some xml. I guess I was
    wondering if it would be difficult to put the code in to a webpage that
    is on a server.
    If this does not clear things up please say so.

    jalexa9898, Sep 3, 2006
  8. jalexa9898 wrote:
    > Well one of the things Flex does is when you write a flex page it seems
    > to use xml. Apparantly the code is embedded in some xml. I guess I was
    > wondering if it would be difficult to put the code in to a webpage that
    > is on a server.

    I think that sounds like a question about how/whether Flex is processed,
    rather than about how HTML or XML are processed. I'd suggest asking the
    Flex community.
    http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flex

    (I know almost nothing about Flex, and don't have time to research it
    right now, so that's about as much help as I can give you.)

    Joe Kesselman, Sep 3, 2006
  9. jalexa9898

    Peter Flynn Guest

    jalexa9898 wrote:
    > Ok I will do my best to explain it here. Ok I have recently started to
    > program in a new language that has recently become popular called Flex.
    > It is made by the Adobe people. Now I know this is an xml newsgroup and
    > not a Flex newsgroup but I am just explaining it to clear things up.
    > Well one of the things Flex does is when you write a flex page

    A flex "page"? I thought flex was a programming language.
    Do you mean you are using flex to output a HTML web page,
    or has flex got some hidden magic inside it that creates web pages
    without being asked to?

    > it seems to use xml.

    Quite possibly. This would be a sensible choice.

    > Apparantly the code is embedded in some xml.

    Yes, but *what* code? Flex code? HTML code? Something else you haven't
    told us about? Can you give us a short example?

    > I guess I was
    > wondering if it would be difficult to put the code

    *What* code? Your original flex code? Or something that flex has created?

    > in to a webpage that is on a server.

    But if it's already creating web pages, you should be able to put
    them on a server as they are. If not, why not?

    ///Peter

    Peter Flynn, Sep 3, 2006