How have text wrap 2 column?

Cirene

I have a aspx page that has alot of text. The client asked me to make the
text fit in 2 columns.

I tried using a 1 row, 2 column table, which seems fine, but because IE and
Firefox display the text a little different sometimes it seems to wrap funny
(not at the same point).

Is there a more "fluid" solution that will wrap the text into 2 columns
automatically? Or is tables, or CSS the only way to go?

darrel

Is there a more "fluid" solution that will wrap the text into 2 columns
automatically? Or is tables, or CSS the only way to go?

CSS3 will support it, but who knows when browsers will.

In the interim, you'd need to use javscript.

In general, though, most folks agree that reflowing text into multiple
columns isn't very usable on the web.

-Darrel

bruce barker

safari and lastest firefox support css column flow.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)