How I get my WebService to handle url encoded parameters

Chris Marchal[MSFT]

The default for ASP.NET in the 1.0 Framework was to have all request
methods (SOAP, POST and GET) enabled by default. In the 1.1 Framework the
GET method is disabled. To enable it for this particular web service, add
the following to the web.config under the system.web node:

<webServices>
<protocols>
<add name="HttpGet"/>
</protocols>
</webServices>

This can be confirmed when debugging the service as the debug test pages
will now include the GET method in its examples.

Chris Marchal
Microsoft UK Developer Support

Bob the Coder

Thanks Chris,

I found the details in 'Configuration Options for XML Web
Services Created Using ASP.NET' in MSDN. I had overlooked
the changes since 1.0.

Bob, the Coder