    them the synthesis was OK?

    My DC never gave me problems and synthesis time was quite acceptable.

    Thanks in advance
    Novice, Mar 16, 2006

  2. Novice

    Guest

    Count only related modules. Make hierarchical report and check what is
    the problem.
    , Mar 16, 2006

  3. Novice

    Novice Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Count only related modules. Make hierarchical report and check what is
    > the problem.

    Thank you. I think, there is no problem in the synthesis. Only that DC gives
    tens of kilo-gate count to each of the RAMs which are instantiated. These
    RAMs are pre-made and delivered as .db format.

    I was aware that DC can handle designs up to 250K gates in top-down
    synthesis.
    Since the RAMs are 300K gates extra, and DC doesn't really optimize these
    RAMs,
    can I say that the design is nearly within the power of DC?
    Novice, Mar 16, 2006
  4. Novice

    Guest

    What do you mean by "power of DC"?
    , Mar 17, 2006
  5. Novice

    Novice Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > What do you mean by "power of DC"?

    During trainings, I was told DC can handle designs up to 250K gates, if a
    design is much
    larger than that, it's advised to to hierarchical synthesis, meaning
    synthesizing individual
    modules then combine the netlist and do incremental synthesis.
    Novice, Mar 17, 2006
  6. Novice

    Guest

    Our designs are more than 500kGates (without memories). We are using DC
    without any problems.
    , Mar 18, 2006