How is this done

James Johnson

I was browsing the newsgroup and viewed a website that
interest me. Look at this example:

http://www.fullrevolution.com/calendar40/calendar.asp?
caltype=day&date=1/29/2004#Eight

It is a calendar based internet application. I was
wondering how it displays blocks of time out similar to
Outlook. If you view that page, you will notice that it
shows a day view and has conference room blocked out from
8-5 and they showed it in a graphical form. I can
understand writing out a message saying conference room
for each allocated time slot, but how do they continue
the rectangle block for the allocated time. If anyone
understand what I am trying to say and has any resources,
I would be delighted to hear conversations about this.
Thanks for all your help.

James Johnson

No. That tells about the product, I was wondering how you
can programmatically block out time spans using ASP. For
instance, if your showing a day schedule, how do you show
on a website that from 8-5 is allocated to a certain
project using a block or rectangle to show there is an
event, just like Microsoft Outlook.

Hopefully that helps.

Dave Anderson

James Johnson said:
http://www.fullrevolution.com/calendar40/calendar.asp?caltype=day&date=1/29/2004#Eight

...I was wondering how it displays blocks of time
out similar to Outlook...

Badly.

Try looking at it with a standards-based browser, like Mozilla or Opera.
Ugh.
http://www.mozilla.org/
http://www.opera.com/

--
Dave Anderson

Jeff Cochran

I was browsing the newsgroup and viewed a website that
interest me. Look at this example:

http://www.fullrevolution.com/calendar40/calendar.asp?
caltype=day&date=1/29/2004#Eight

It is a calendar based internet application. I was
wondering how it displays blocks of time out similar to
Outlook. If you view that page, you will notice that it
shows a day view and has conference room blocked out from
8-5 and they showed it in a graphical form. I can
understand writing out a message saying conference room
for each allocated time slot, but how do they continue
the rectangle block for the allocated time. If anyone
understand what I am trying to say and has any resources,
I would be delighted to hear conversations about this.

Tables. It's not ASP as such, just the HTML code, using ROWSPAN.
Each half hour is a row, so rowspan = "4" would be a two-hour block.

Jeff

Jon

Each 'event' is a table in it's own right, within that cell, view the
source:

<TABLE CLASS='EventMonthTable'>
<TR>
<TD WIDTH='10' BGCOLOR='#800080'><FONT
CLASS='EventMonthTitleFont'>&nbsp;&nbsp;</FONT></TD>
<TD CLASS='EventMonthTimeCell'><FONT
CLASS='EventMonthTimeFont'>09:00AM</FONT></TD>
<TD CLASS='EventMonthTitleCell'><FONT CLASS='EventMonthTitleFont'><A
CLASS='EventMonthTitleFont'
HREF="calendar.asp?action=eventdetail&eventid=21461"
onclick="NewWindow(this.href,'aspWebCalendar','430','500','yes');return
false">misc</A></FONT></TD>
</TR>
</TABLE>
Where:

..EventMonthTable { border-style:solid; border-width:1; border-color:black;
border-collapse:collapse; border-width:1; text-align:left;
background-color:white; padding:1; width:100%; }

etc..

I guess the asp is showing each record, in its own table, in time order, on
the day in question.

Jon

Brynn

That would be SUPER EASY to build but VERY time-consuming ... lol

I was browsing the newsgroup and viewed a website that
interest me. Look at this example:

http://www.fullrevolution.com/calendar40/calendar.asp?
caltype=day&date=1/29/2004#Eight

It is a calendar based internet application. I was
wondering how it displays blocks of time out similar to
Outlook. If you view that page, you will notice that it
shows a day view and has conference room blocked out from
8-5 and they showed it in a graphical form. I can
understand writing out a message saying conference room
for each allocated time slot, but how do they continue
the rectangle block for the allocated time. If anyone
understand what I am trying to say and has any resources,
I would be delighted to hear conversations about this.
Thanks for all your help.

;)

Brynn
www.coolpier.com