    understand what I am trying to say and has any resources,
    I would be delighted to hear conversations about this.
    Thanks for all your help.

    James Johnson, Jan 2, 2004

  2. James Johnson

    Jon Guest

    http://www.fullrev.com/calendar_overview.asp

    Jon, Jan 2, 2004

  3. >>
    >http://www.fullrev.com/calendar_overview.asp

    No. That tells about the product, I was wondering how you
    can programmatically block out time spans using ASP. For
    instance, if your showing a day schedule, how do you show
    on a website that from 8-5 is allocated to a certain
    project using a block or rectangle to show there is an
    event, just like Microsoft Outlook.

    Hopefully that helps.

    James Johnson, Jan 2, 2004
  4. "James Johnson" wrote:

    http://www.fullrevolution.com/calendar40/calendar.asp?caltype=day&date=1/29/2004#Eight

    > ...I was wondering how it displays blocks of time
    > out similar to Outlook...

    Badly.

    Try looking at it with a standards-based browser, like Mozilla or Opera.
    Ugh.
    http://www.mozilla.org/
    http://www.opera.com/

    --
    Dave Anderson

    Dave Anderson, Jan 2, 2004
  5. James Johnson

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    It's just HTML tables most likely, with some coloring and preset sizes.

    --
    Curt Christianson
    Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software

    Curt_C [MVP], Jan 2, 2004
  6. James Johnson

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Thu, 1 Jan 2004 21:02:29 -0800, "James Johnson"
    <> wrote:

    >I was browsing the newsgroup and viewed a website that
    >interest me. Look at this example:
    >
    >http://www.fullrevolution.com/calendar40/calendar.asp?
    >caltype=day&date=1/29/2004#Eight
    >
    >It is a calendar based internet application. I was
    >wondering how it displays blocks of time out similar to
    >Outlook. If you view that page, you will notice that it
    >shows a day view and has conference room blocked out from
    >8-5 and they showed it in a graphical form. I can
    >understand writing out a message saying conference room
    >for each allocated time slot, but how do they continue
    >the rectangle block for the allocated time. If anyone
    >understand what I am trying to say and has any resources,
    >I would be delighted to hear conversations about this.

    Tables. It's not ASP as such, just the HTML code, using ROWSPAN.
    Each half hour is a row, so rowspan = "4" would be a two-hour block.

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Jan 2, 2004
  7. James Johnson

    Jon Guest

    Each 'event' is a table in it's own right, within that cell, view the
    source:

    <TABLE CLASS='EventMonthTable'>
    <TR>
    <TD WIDTH='10' BGCOLOR='#800080'><FONT
    CLASS='EventMonthTitleFont'>&nbsp;&nbsp;</FONT></TD>
    <TD CLASS='EventMonthTimeCell'><FONT
    CLASS='EventMonthTimeFont'>09:00AM</FONT></TD>
    <TD CLASS='EventMonthTitleCell'><FONT CLASS='EventMonthTitleFont'><A
    CLASS='EventMonthTitleFont'
    HREF="calendar.asp?action=eventdetail&eventid=21461"
    onclick="NewWindow(this.href,'aspWebCalendar','430','500','yes');return
    false">misc</A></FONT></TD>
    </TR>
    </TABLE>
    Where:

    ..EventMonthTable { border-style:solid; border-width:1; border-color:black;
    border-collapse:collapse; border-width:1; text-align:left;
    background-color:white; padding:1; width:100%; }

    etc..

    I guess the asp is showing each record, in its own table, in time order, on
    the day in question.

    Jon

    Jon, Jan 2, 2004
  8. James Johnson

    Brynn Guest

    That would be SUPER EASY to build but VERY time-consuming ... lol

    <> wrote:

    >I was browsing the newsgroup and viewed a website that
    >interest me. Look at this example:
    >
    >http://www.fullrevolution.com/calendar40/calendar.asp?
    >caltype=day&date=1/29/2004#Eight
    >
    >It is a calendar based internet application. I was
    >wondering how it displays blocks of time out similar to
    >Outlook. If you view that page, you will notice that it
    >shows a day view and has conference room blocked out from
    >8-5 and they showed it in a graphical form. I can
    >understand writing out a message saying conference room
    >for each allocated time slot, but how do they continue
    >the rectangle block for the allocated time. If anyone
    >understand what I am trying to say and has any resources,
    >I would be delighted to hear conversations about this.
    >Thanks for all your help.

    ;)

    Brynn
    www.coolpier.com