How isolated are two applets running on 2 pages in the same browser?

davidmichaelkarr

Imagine your browser is viewing two different pages, each running a
different applet, and the browser is configured with the Java plugin.

The question is, how isolated are these two applets? The Java Plugin
integrates the JRE into the same process as the parent, so I would
imagine the Java classes for each applet are each loaded by the same
JVM, but certainly they would be loaded by different classloaders.

So, in short, how and in what way are two applets running on two
different pages, isolated from each other?

This concerns either JDK 1.4 or Java 5.