How long?

Whitecrest

Hey, how long has everyone been a regular here? I have been here for a
little over 2 years now (first as rmpii, now Whitecrest)

I am seeing fewer and fewer of the regulars that use to frequent here
Dan (from Spain)
Chip (Colorado I think, he had some good Christmas stories)
Even ISO has not been around.

Must have gotten bored with the same old threads. Different Subject
titles, same content... over and over and over.....

Eventually you will all come to the DARK side! behoaaahaaaaaahaaaa

Disco Octopus

in Whitecrest typed:
Hey, how long has everyone been a regular here?

me? i swollow things to make me regular. I am afraid that a.h does not make
me regular.

Tina - AffordableHOST.com

Whitecrest said:
Hey, how long has everyone been a regular here?

Since about 1996 here. Used to be Tina from White Lake Web...before that, I
was just "Tina". ;-)

--Tina

Dylan Parry

Whitecrest said:
Hey, how long has everyone been a regular here? I have been here for a
little over 2 years now (first as rmpii, now Whitecrest)

Interesting thought, and one which I could not remember! The Google groups
archive has my earliest post as being 1999 way back when I was all of
17yo, and it was also interesting seeing what I posted!

Javascript browser redirection, DHTML flying text effects, if it's tacky
then you betcha I mentioned it :)

Augustus

Whitecrest said:
Hey, how long has everyone been a regular here? I have been here for a
little over 2 years now (first as rmpii, now Whitecrest)

I am seeing fewer and fewer of the regulars that use to frequent here
Dan (from Spain)
Chip (Colorado I think, he had some good Christmas stories)
Even ISO has not been around.

Must have gotten bored with the same old threads. Different Subject
titles, same content... over and over and over.....

I would say thats probably a good part of it:

In most newsgroups (most but not all) you could visit for awhile, then leave
and come back a year or more later... when you return there will be some
discussions that are the same old ones still going on, but there will be
plenty of new ones

Around here thats not the case: when you first arrive here its all new and
there is plenty to talk about, but after you've been here for 2 or 3 months
you see that the posters are different, but the questions and comments are
pretty much the same... they are so much the same questions and "help"
requests that this is pretty much one of those groups where if the FAQ was
really good and people bothered to read it, there would be very little
activity in the group (there would be some, but not as much)

Davmagic .Com

A little over two years, but I lurk more than post, as it gets boring
when the same questions repeat over and over again... all in all I gleen
more info from lurking than from becoming involved with posts... and
again I come from the far corners of the unknown web known as WebTv
Land... so probably many still distaste my comments (unfortunately)...

Web Design-Magic-Painting-Junking-Games
http://www.davmagic.com
Paint A House
http://www.paintahouse.com
Note: My email is ALWAYS Full to avoid SPAM... you can Contact me via my
websites...

Leif K-Brooks

Whitecrest said:
Hey, how long has everyone been a regular here? I have been here for a
little over 2 years now (first as rmpii, now Whitecrest)

Google shows my first posth here as being June 5th 2003, so not very
long. I think I came around the time most of the oldbies left.
Must have gotten bored with the same old threads. Different Subject
titles, same content... over and over and over.....

I know I do. I've thought about programming a bot to answer the
repetitive questions before, but never had the time.

WayneandMaureen

Augustus said:
In most newsgroups (most but not all) you could visit for awhile, then leave
and come back a year or more later... when you return there will be some
discussions that are the same old ones still going on, but there will be
plenty of new ones

Around here thats not the case: when you first arrive here its all new and
there is plenty to talk about, but after you've been here for 2 or 3 months
you see that the posters are different, but the questions and comments are
pretty much the same... they are so much the same questions and "help"
requests that this is pretty much one of those groups where if the FAQ was
really good and people bothered to read it, there would be very little
activity in the group (there would be some, but not as much)
I have lurked here since 1998.......one reason the questions and comments
are familiar is the discipline
the members of Alt html have in keeping discussions on topic. I came here
with a WebTV, changed to a computer, Learned a little html, got some style
(sheets), and will eventually have a tableless layout for my site.
This group gives my computer a personality that changes, even if the content
doesn't :>)
wayne

Hywel Jenkins

Hey, how long has everyone been a regular here? I have been here for a
little over 2 years now (first as rmpii, now Whitecrest)

I am seeing fewer and fewer of the regulars that use to frequent here
Dan (from Spain)
Chip (Colorado I think, he had some good Christmas stories)
Even ISO has not been around.

Must have gotten bored with the same old threads. Different Subject
titles, same content... over and over and over.....

Eventually you will all come to the DARK side! behoaaahaaaaaahaaaa

Google shows my earliest post as 13 November 1997:
http://tinyurl.com/3b4nr

Steve Pugh

Whitecrest said:
Hey, how long has everyone been a regular here?

First post recorded in Google Groups is Jan 25 1998, so I've just had
my six years anniversary. But that was cross-posted from ciwah. I
don't think I read alt.html regularly until the autumn of 2002.

Steve

Christopher Finke

Whitecrest said:
Hey, how long has everyone been a regular here? I have been here for a
little over 2 years now (first as rmpii, now Whitecrest)

I've been lurking regularly and posting occasionally since the day the Jean
Van de Velde blew his lead in the British Open, so... *checks Google for
date*... that puts me at Sunday, July 18, 1999.

So, 4.5 years, but it seems much longer. My first post, I believe, was
about the frames I was using for my first website ("The Humor Archive", no
longer available) and someone, I think John or JH or some name with a "J",
steered me away from frames, and I've never looked back :).

Christopher Finke

Matthias Gutfeldt

Whitecrest said:
Hey, how long has everyone been a regular here?

My oldest posting archived there is from 1999/08/31.

You could check groups.google.com and make a nice little table for all
of us to look at :->.

Matthias

nice.guy.nige

Google shows my earliest post as 13 November 1997:
http://tinyurl.com/3b4nr

Top posting bastard! ;-)

My earliest appearance on a.h seems to be Feb 2001. Thought I'd been here
longer than that... There are posts to other groups dating back to 2000,
back when I had a 10 line sig! (ooh, the shame!)

Cheers,
Nige

--
Nigel Moss.

Email address is not valid. (e-mail address removed). Take the dog out!

kayodeok

Hey, how long has everyone been a regular here?

Google records my earliest post as 22 January 2003 but I have been
lurking since October/November 2002.

I was a FrontPage user at the time, but I have since switched to
PSPad (I switched from EditPlus to PSPad only last Friday).

Samuël van Laere

Whitecrest said:
Hey, how long has everyone been a regular here?

I've been lurking/posting since May 2003 at alt.html.critique, and later at
alt.html
in fact my first critique request was for a website that used tables for
layouts,
it probably had frames to.
It’s a good thing that this group and alt.html.critique exists, I’ve learned
a great deal.
Without it I would probably still use tables for layout, use frames, forget
about alt tags,
ignore headers tags and use pixels for font size.
I sure can recommend this group.

Just in case i didn't thank the people who helped me, explained stuff to me
and other things:
a big thanks for the help !

Regards,
Samuël van Laere

Toby A Inkster

Whitecrest said:
Hey, how long has everyone been a regular here? I have been here for a
little over 2 years now (first as rmpii, now Whitecrest)

Since early 2003, although I could be found on some of the c.i.w.a.*
groups back through to 2001.

picayunish

Whitecrest said:
Hey, how long has everyone been a regular here? I have been here for a
little over 2 years now (first as rmpii, now Whitecrest)

Mine first post was Aug 24 on 2002 as Edwin van der Vaart.
http://tinyurl.com/2rbsx
I am seeing fewer and fewer of the regulars that use to frequent here
Dan (from Spain)
Chip (Colorado I think, he had some good Christmas stories)
Even ISO has not been around.

Neredbojias not seen him around too.
Must have gotten bored with the same old threads. Different Subject
titles, same content... over and over and over.....

Eventually you will all come to the DARK side! behoaaahaaaaaahaaaa

You mean.
Cyberspace can be kinda like a black hole. Stuff gets sucked in and
never to ber seen again.