how make codefile default

Cirene

Usually I like to have my vb code in a seperate file, rather than inline
with the HTML. I know that the codefile directive is what links the 2
together.

For some reason, all of a sudden my new pages are lacking the CodeFile even
though I check "Place code in separate file". Is it because they are linked
with a master page? How can I do this after the fact?

Thanks.

Cirene

This happens when i create an aspx page form a master page using EXPRESSION
WEB. :(

Juan T. Llibre

re:
!> This happens when i create an aspx page form a master page using EXPRESSION WEB

No wonder you're having problems.

Expression Web doesn't handle code in separate files.
In fact, it doesn't handle code-behind at all.

If you can't afford the full Visual Studio (2005 or 2008)
download the free Visual Web Developer from :

Visual Web Developer 2005 :
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/express/aa975050.aspx

Visual Web Developer 2008 :
http://www.microsoft.com/express/download/

VWD handles code-behind in separate files.

re:
!> even though I check "Place code in separate file"

Are you sure you did that in Expression Web ?
Expression Web doesn't have that option.

Cirene

Thanks Juan!
re: