How many browsers do people test their sites against?

KHaled

I think it would be more useful to develop according to
standards, and use the lowest standard that enables you to
produce the web pages that you want.

And how does this relieve you of the need to test your
pages?
[/QUOTE]

Pages will still have to be tested, but against established
standrds rather than for browser specific conformance. As to
the lowest standard the idea is to make pages viewable to the
widest range of users.. While it is most probable that users
in the USA and other advanced countries will use the latest
and greatest versions of browsers, this is not the case for
many other parts of the world. So, you may be amazed to know
that there are people still using IE/NS4, and even non-GUI
browsers.

--
KHaled

e-mail: khaledihREMOVEUPPERCASELETTERS at fusemail dot net
(correcting antispam crap..)
please start your subject line with the string "==NG=="

Oli Filth

Toby said:

Phew, that's an extensive list. During the course of developing a page,
how often do you test it against all those? I mean, for instance when I
add bits and pieces to a page I'll frequently flick through the 3 main
browsers that I use and have a look to see if anything's screwed up,
which takes maybe 10-20 seconds. But with a list like that... that
sounds like a lot of alt-tabbing and reboots and swapping terminals.

Toby Inkster

Oli said:
Phew, that's an extensive list. During the course of developing a page,
how often do you test it against all those?

I tend to test pages against only the browsers listed with "key" against
their name. I bring out the others only when I'm writing something that I
believe (from experience) may cause them trouble.