How many bytes to download / estimated time left

Guest

I build some web aplication that needs to return some binary data using Response.BinaryWrite(byte[] data)
All is fine, but one thing: the browser does not display "estimated time left" and the size of the binary to be returned. All is right, but the user does not know how big the file will be, nor he nows how long he is going to wait. (All he knows is how many bytes he has downloaded already)

What should I do to allow the browser display this infrmation to the user ?

Thanks
Michal Januszczyk

bruce barker

you tell the browser the content length in the response header
Content-Length.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)