how many classes within the asmx

Craig G

can i only have one class in the asmx page?

i wanted one page with numerous classes, then i would only have one web
reference but could use the different classes

ideally i didnt want to go down the line of having one asmx page per classe
then having a seperate reference for each. as i have 17 classes

Cheers,
Craig

Scott M.

An .asmx isn't a page at all. It is file type that contains special classes
that can be called over http from a different machine (a web service).

You may have more than one class per .asmx page if you like, but it makes
sense that the classes be related in some way.

Craig G

i found that if i put another class in the asmx then it wouldnt pick it up
when i then reference it in my project. it would only pick up the one class

Scott M.

Yes, you are right...It seems that while VS.NET will allow you to put 2
classes in one .asmx, only one is actually visible.