How many packages there are in PyPI

Joaquin Abian

Hi,
PyPI is reaching the 10000 package figure (In the case of 3.x only
about 140 packages and increasing very very slowly).

Looking at available packages for 3.x I observed that some packages
are listed several times. For example, lxml is listed 5 times.
Are these repetitions included in the package count? If yes, just out
of curiosity, somebody knows what the actual number of different
packages in the PyPI reservoir is?

Joaquin.

John Nagle

Joaquin said:
Hi,
PyPI is reaching the 10000 package figure (In the case of 3.x only
about 140 packages and increasing very very slowly).

Looking at available packages for 3.x I observed that some packages
are listed several times. For example, lxml is listed 5 times.
Are these repetitions included in the package count? If yes, just out
of curiosity, somebody knows what the actual number of different
packages in the PyPI reservoir is?

Joaquin.

There aren't that many packages "in" PyPI. It's more of a directory than
a repository. And some of the links are dead.

I just tried "Dejavu", which only has a link to "projects.amor.org". That
subdomain is dead. "amor.org" is some kind of religious organization.

John Nagle