    to know that there is a group of people using web parts that want to
    keep using them.

    Arturo Hernandez
    arthernan, Oct 22, 2007

  2. I've only used Web Parts for one project. It was a pain because I had
    to create my own PersonalizationProvider (or some class like that) in
    order to be able to specify what page it should be doing its thing for
    instead of always the current file. In my situation, I had "imaginary"
    pages. I've been calling them that; they are just *.aspx redirected
    from some directory and all of their data comes from a database.

    I didn't like going through the trouble, but at least it was possible.
    It would have been nice if there were some property to change the
    working page of the WebPartManager.

    -Michael Placentra II

    Mike Placentra II, Oct 22, 2007