    My question is... just how many versions of RSS / Atom should one try
    to support? Is this phpBB modification overkill? Is Digg not
    providing enough options?
    yawnmoth, Feb 12, 2007

  2. yawnmoth

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On 12 Feb, 05:59, "yawnmoth" <> wrote:

    > My question is... just how many versions of RSS / Atom should one try
    > to support?

    2 or soemtimes 3: Atom 1.0 (because it works), RSS 1.0 (because it's
    still the best for sophisticated intranet apps, owing the RDF model),
    RSS 2.0 (because you still sadly need it to drive podcasts). RSS 1.0
    isn't particularly useful unless you're really _using_ it, and in RDF.

    RSS 0.92 is now obsolete. The "compatibility" argument for supporting
    it a few years ago has now been supplanted by RSS 2.0.

    All the other variants are dead meat, most obviously 0.91, 0.93 etc.
    as they're merely minor variants of the main development streams.

    Internally I always process feeds as RSS 1.0 (with Jena). Down-
    conversion is easy.
    Andy Dingley, Feb 12, 2007