How many ways to open multiple windows with a click?

nntp

Are there other ways to open multile windows at once?

<SCRIPT language="JavaScript">
function open1() {
var open1 =
window.open('http://google.com/CheckEnviro.pl','','scrollbars=yes,height=600
,width=800,resizable=yes');
}
function open2() {
var open2 =
window.open('http://google.com/CheckEnviro.pl','','scrollbars=yes,height=600
,width=800,resizable=yes');
}
function open3() {
var open3 =
window.open('http://google.com/CheckEnviro.pl','','scrollbars=yes,height=600
,width=800,resizable=yes');
}
// -->
</SCRIPT>

<A href="javascript:eek:pen1();open2();open3();">Click Here to open all</A>

Here is what I have now, but I need something which can pass HTTP_REFEREER.
The window.open does not do that.

Grant Wagner

nntp said:
[...]

You're right, opening a new window and loading a new URL causes the browser not
to send HTTP_REFERER because there isn't one. It is the same as if the user had
double-clicked a shortcut/link/icon which opened a new browser window and
navigated to a URL, or if the user had typed <browsername> <somepage> in a
command line environment. The browser can not send HTTP_REFERER because there
isn't one.

If you want the browser to send an HTTP_REFERER, the browser needs to be
currently pointed at the page which should be the referrer. Something like:

window.open('http://yourserver/redirect.cgi?url=http://google.com/etc/etc');
(encode the "url" parameter for best results)

redirect.cgi could then use client- or server-based technology to change the
location to the value specified by "url".

(Please note that even with this trick, the browser is completely free to not
send any HTTP_REFERER, or one that is incorrect.)

Alternatively you could use the XML HTTP Request object, which in some browsers
would allow you to retrieve content from the site the original script loaded
from and specify all aspects of the HTTP GET, including headers. More on the XML
HTTP Request object at <url: http://jibbering.com/2002/4/httprequest.html />.