How Microsoft Plans to Stay Relevant in the Post-Gates Era

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Paulo, Jun 10, 2008.

  1. Paulo

    Paulo Guest

    Paulo, Jun 10, 2008

  2. Paulo

    clintonG Guest

    In a world where tens of millions of LCD displays of all sizes are now being
    re-engineered and deployed as digital posters, signs, picture frames and all
    types of devices on emerging development platforms this company run by
    idiots just rebranded Windows XP Embedded, gave it a new name "Embedded
    Standard" (whooopee ding) that now supports .NET so the idiots are demanding
    $90 per device [1]!!!

    Linux is free $0.00 and Adobe no longer charges or has any license for the
    Flash player $0.00. Hello?

    I had a meeting with a new prospective customer today. He wouldn't even talk
    about hosting on the Windows platform. Obviously I have no business with his
    company.

    AFIC Microsoft has become so FUBAR and out of touch with reality it is
    stupefying.

    [1]
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/embedded/products/westandard/default.mspx

    clintonG, Jun 11, 2008

  3. Paulo

    subtile Guest

    wrong.. Linux turns out to be far more expensive. We have several cases
    showing that during the last 4½ year.

    Theres nothing wrong with paying for stuff..

    --

    Jesus Loves You

    subtile, Jun 11, 2008
  4. Paulo

    clintonG Guest

    You are mixing apples with oranges like typical marketing bullsh!ters do and
    Jesus does not like liars.

    clintonG, Jun 11, 2008