How much difference between VS.NET 1.0 and 1.1regarding ASP.NET?

Jon S via DotNetMonster.com

Hi all,

I learnt C# 1.0 using VS.NET 1.0. I have brought myself two ASP.NET 1.1
books but I will be using my VS.NET 1.0 IDE when learning ASP.NET 1.1. Am I
in any way going to have problems working through my ASP.NET 1.1 books with
using only VS.NET 1.0 (ie does ASP.NET 1.1 do things a certain way that VS.
NET 1.1 does but VS.NET 1.0 cant)? Is there much difference between VS/ASP.
NET 1.0 and 1.1?? Also if any one knows yet, how much difference is there
between VS/ASP.NET 1.1 and VS/ASP.NET 2.0???

Thanks in advance.

Karl Seguin

There's considerably more difference between 1.x and 2.0 than 1.0 and 1.1.
Aside from perhaps a coulpe configuration values, like validateRequest,
you'll use 1.1 just like you did 1.0.

As for 2.0, aside from the new controls and the new language features, the
biggest challenge as far as I'm concerned is the new build-mode and all the
little changes here and there to the framework in general. Still, not a
very issue.

Karl

Jon S via DotNetMonster.com

Karl and Norman

Thanks for replying. So to clarify I will have a problem using/learning ASP.
NET 2003 with VS.NET 2002. The problem will occur as ASP.NET 2003 has
capabilities that VS.NET 2002 cannot handle??

Thanks.

Karl Seguin

No.

What normal is saying is that VS.Net 2002 only runs 1.0 VS.Net 2003
only runs 1.1 and VS.Net 2005 only runs 2.0

VS.Net isn't very different from version to version, but you need to BUY the
new one to use the new version. You can't run 2.0 on VS.Net 2002.

Karl

Jon S via DotNetMonster.com

Another way of asking what I'm seeking is :

If I work through an ASP.NET 1.1 book using VS.NET 1.0 and C# 1.0 would I
actually be learning ASP.NET 1.1 (as that is what the book is teaching me) or
would I be learning ASP.NET 1.0 (as I will be using VS.NET 1.0)???
It may be a simple question but I would like it to be clarified.

Thank you.

Karl Seguin

There really isn't any learning VS.Net 1.1 from 1.0. If you know 1.0, you
know 1.1 end of story :)

Karl