how much traffic can an ASP application handle

eddiekwang

I am an ASP newbie. I inherited an ASP app at my new job. One of our
potential customer would like to purchase it. He asked me if I know how
much traffic can our ASP app handle. He also asked me if I can give him
the rest "tech specs" about the web application.

I told him the app uses MS ASP technology and needs a MS SQL Server DB
to store the data. But, how can I figure out how much traffic an ASP
app can handle? Also, what does he mean by "tech specs"(other than what
I already told him)?

Thanks you in advance!
Eddy

McKirahan

I am an ASP newbie. I inherited an ASP app at my new job. One of our
potential customer would like to purchase it. He asked me if I know how
much traffic can our ASP app handle. He also asked me if I can give him
the rest "tech specs" about the web application.

I told him the app uses MS ASP technology and needs a MS SQL Server DB
to store the data. But, how can I figure out how much traffic an ASP
app can handle? Also, what does he mean by "tech specs"(other than what
I already told him)?

Thanks you in advance!
Eddy

Technical Specifications can consist of many things.
You might try asking the customer to specify what the need.
Perhaps all they want is an overview and database layouts.

As an ASP newbie, you likely will not be able to generate
the technical specifications.

Here are a few questions that may drive the process:
How many pages (and lines) comprise the application?
How many tables and fields are in the database?
What langauges are used; (e.g. VBScript, JScript)?
What are the inputs (forms) and outputs (reports)?
How complex is the application? What does it do?

Document, Document, Document!
http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/top10/beg4.shtml