How passing values from a form through another form

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by DanC, Jan 23, 2005.

  1. DanC

    DanC Guest

    This is the situation.

    In the firts form a selection is done. After submit a second form is called.
    In that form there must be select from a list that is depending on the result
    of the first form. So far so good.
    The selection of the second form and the selection of the first form must
    pas to a thirth page when the submit botton is hit.

    I use in the second form:

    <input type="hidden" name="hclass" value = <%Request.Form("klas") %>>

    But that seems not to work. ( no error appears)

    This test works correct
    <input type="hidden" name="hklas" value = "test">

    Any tip is welcome

    DanC
    DanC, Jan 23, 2005

  2. DanC

    Evertjan. Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?RGFuQw==?= wrote on 23 jan 2005 in

    > <input type="hidden" name="hclass" value = <%Request.Form("klas") %>>
    >
    > But that seems not to work. ( no error appears)

    should be:

    <input type="hidden" name="hclass"
    value = "<%Request.Form("klas")%>">

    ==================

    Because, if the content of Request.Form("klas") is
    "blah blah" you would get rendered:

    value = blah blah>

    suggesting to the browser:

    value = "blah" blah>

    and not

    value = "blah blah">

    Therefore it is essential for debugging
    to view the rendered html source in the browser!

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Jan 23, 2005

  3. DanC

    DanC Guest

    Great!

    Tnx guys. It works now.

    I found it also in a book. But it's hard to find good reference on this way
    of programming.

    Many thanks and greets

    DanC
    DanC, Jan 24, 2005