    I tried both the ShowGrid on/off, doesn't make a difference.. Can someone
    please point out the obvious... I have the 2002 version of VS.NET.

    TIA

    Tia Carr, Oct 1, 2003

  2. Do you want the child control "inside" the panel, or "on top" of the
    panel?

    If you want it absolutely positioned on top, you can click on the
    child control and use the arrow keys to move it over the panel.
    Alternatively, you can edit the style attribute in HTML view (TOP and
    LEFT attributes) to absolutely position the child control wherever you
    want. Make sure the z-index for the child control is greater than
    that of your panel.

    If you want the child control INSIDE the Panel, you should just be
    able to drag-and-drop it on the Panel and it should arrange itself
    within automatically. Unless by "Panel" you mean "Panel-derived
    custom control" which doesn't work that way (sorry, I don't remember
    the specifics of working with Panel-derived controls now other than
    they are a pain <grin>).

    -Kevin

    Kevin Williams, Oct 2, 2003