How podcasters tag their RSS?

liorm

Hi,

We are building a podcasts tool. I wondered
- where (on what fields) do users tag their RSSs? I saw the category
feed, but I also saw itunes:keywords fields (an extension, so I gather
to teh RSS). Isn't there any one agreed set of fields for that?
- and a second question - if the tags are only extenstions for the RSS
2.0, how can sites read tags and understand them? Or do they just go by
real big ones (iTunes)?

Thanks! appreciate anything that woudl help me clear it
Lior

Peter Flynn

Hi,

We are building a podcasts tool. I wondered
- where (on what fields) do users tag their RSSs? I saw the category
feed, but I also saw itunes:keywords fields (an extension, so I gather
to teh RSS). Isn't there any one agreed set of fields for that?
- and a second question - if the tags are only extenstions for the RSS
2.0, how can sites read tags and understand them? Or do they just go by
real big ones (iTunes)?

RSS is just one big mess and long overdue for replacement (eg by Atom).

It's suffering the same species of bitrot as HTML, with competing
vendors/suppliers/manufacturers all wanting to add their $0.02-worth by
polluting it with different and conflicting "standards". Unsurprisingly,
Microsoft have apparently recently endorsed it for some unfathomable
reason.

///Peter

NOKs

Thanks. But still, I wondered if someone can explain me how it works
with RSS, since my tool needs to use RSS. Again, the question is - how
do users _tag_ their RSS - in what fields?