    Thanks! appreciate anything that woudl help me clear it
    Lior

    , Jan 10, 2006

  2. Peter Flynn Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > We are building a podcasts tool. I wondered
    > - where (on what fields) do users tag their RSSs? I saw the category
    > feed, but I also saw itunes:keywords fields (an extension, so I gather
    > to teh RSS). Isn't there any one agreed set of fields for that?
    > - and a second question - if the tags are only extenstions for the RSS
    > 2.0, how can sites read tags and understand them? Or do they just go by
    > real big ones (iTunes)?

    RSS is just one big mess and long overdue for replacement (eg by Atom).

    It's suffering the same species of bitrot as HTML, with competing
    vendors/suppliers/manufacturers all wanting to add their $0.02-worth by
    polluting it with different and conflicting "standards". Unsurprisingly,
    Microsoft have apparently recently endorsed it for some unfathomable
    reason.

    ///Peter

    Peter Flynn, Jan 11, 2006

  3. NOKs Guest

    Thanks. But still, I wondered if someone can explain me how it works
    with RSS, since my tool needs to use RSS. Again, the question is - how
    do users _tag_ their RSS - in what fields?

    NOKs, Jan 15, 2006