How: Programatically Determine .NET Framework version

Ken Stealth

Hi,

Is there a way to obtain the version of .net that my application is
riding on (on the server). My app isn't tested nor does it run 100%
on V1.1 and for some reason my service provided has upgraded me twice.
I'd like my software to be proactive and tell me about it next time
they do it.

Is there an object that exposes the framework's version?

Thanks

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Also, check out Environment.Version:

Response.Write(Environment.Version.ToString)

--
Microsoft MVPs have a question for *you*: Are you patched against the Worm?
http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/ms03-026.asp

Hi,

Is there a way to obtain the version of .net that my application is
riding on (on the server). My app isn't tested nor does it run 100%
on V1.1 and for some reason my service provided has upgraded me twice.
I'd like my software to be proactive and tell me about it next time
they do it.

Is there an object that exposes the framework's version?

Thanks

MS News \(MS ILM\)

Very good,

It looks like the Location indicates the ver of the FrameWork?
Is there anything else that will tell you Your Version Number is 1.1?

Thanks