How read email headers?

PHP2

I wish read email headers... how do it with Perl?

I wish send email from server to (e-mail address removed)
and if (e-mail address removed) is invalid after some time I'll receive
'nodelivery' message... how I can read 'nodelivery' email header?

GP

Brian McCauley

PHP2 said:
I wish read email headers... how do it with Perl?
Mail::Header

I wish send email from server to (e-mail address removed)
and if (e-mail address removed) is invalid after some time I'll receive
'nodelivery' message... how I can read 'nodelivery' email header?

You probably also want a module to read your mailbox.

There are modules in the usual place for reading various types of
mailbox (Unix, IMAP, POP3...)

--
\\ ( )
. _\\__[oo

Martien Verbruggen

I wish read email headers... how do it with Perl?

Mail::Header, which comes as part of the MailTools package. It's
available from CPAN.
I wish send email from server to (e-mail address removed)
and if (e-mail address removed) is invalid after some time I'll receive
'nodelivery' message... how I can read 'nodelivery' email header?

First of all, you'll have to get the messages from your mailbox. It
depends on where that is stored on how you do that. There are Perl
modules available for POP and IMAP, as well as modules to parse
various mailbox file formats.

http://search.cpan.org/

Let me give you a little warning though: while 90% of the bounce
messages are reasonably formatted, and easy to parse, and fall in a
few categories, there are some cutesy mail admins out there, who've
customised the crap out of their mail gateway, with the result that
their bounce messages are almost impossible to recognise as such.

The best thing to do for this sort of thing, is to set up a dedicated
email address that you send your "probe" email from. That way, you
will get all replies on that account. You will still have some email
that you will need to deal with manually: the ones I mentioned above,
and the ones from real people who reply to your message themselves.

Martien

Jürgen Exner

bavithra said:
I NEED for code for user creation form one enter email and mobile number another user click same email and mobile its validate already exits it will come

[Please limit your line length to ~75 characters as has been a
time-honored and -proven custom in Usenet for over 2 decades. Thank you]

I realize that English is probably not your native language but please
try putting in some more effort in writing understandable text. Your
text is a sequence of English words, but it doesn't follow any grammar
and its meaning is completely unclear.

Don't try difficult structures. Use simple and short sentences. Use the
standard structure subject, verb, object. Use punctuation.
Maybe that will sound like baby talk, but better baby talk than
gibberish.

jue

Tim McDaniel

and its meaning is completely unclear.

I think you are a LITTLE too harsh -- I think it means this.

"I need code for a user creation form for a Web page.
User 1 enters their email and mobile telephone number.
After some time, user 2 clicks that email and mobile number.
If the system validates that the email and mobile number exists,
then something (a message?) will be transmitted to user 1."

bavithramurali, is that what you want?

If true:

I am sorry. The purpose of comp.lang.perl.misc is for people who know
Perl, who write code, who get a single problem, who need help with it.
An example: "Here is some code. There is an error message for line
12. What does the message mean? How do I fix it?"

People here do not want to write much code for people, because of
these reasons:
- People here do not want to do much work and get no money.
- Someone must do much work to get details -- describe the form.
Describe the system. What needs to be sent? How?
Probably, few people here write your language, so it would be
very difficult.

I think this: please get someone in your area.