how real and integer values are stored in C language

manish sahu

In C language characters are stored in ascii values like
char c='a';
it will store 97

plz tell me things
how
a integer value is stored in form of ascii or some thing else ?
similarly how a floating value (54.3323) is stored in which form ?

Nick Keighley

In C language  characters are stored in ascii values like
char c='a';
 it will store 97

plz tell me things
how
a integer value is stored in form of ascii or some thing else ?
similarly how a floating value (54.3323) is stored in which form ?

use google to search for the replies given to your class-mates.

Richard Bos

manish sahu said:
plz tell me things

I'll tell you one thing: you've asked this cockamamie question three
times, now, and each time you've started with the wrong ideas before you
even asked. Read the answers you got and _think about them_, or go away.

Richard

Richard Bos

Joe Wright said:
manish sahu wrote:

01000010 01011001 01010100 01000110
5.43322983e+01

There's lots of information on floating point on the web. Google for
IEEE-754.

_If_ your floating point values are stored using IEEE-754. This is
likely, but certainly not guaranteed by the Standard.

As, in fact, has been explained to the OP already, a week ago.

Richard