    how
    a integer value is stored in form of ascii or some thing else ?
    similarly how a floating value (54.3323) is stored in which form ?

    manish sahu, Jul 12, 2009

  2. On 12 July, 11:13, manish sahu <> wrote:
    > In C language  characters are stored in ascii values like
    > char c='a';
    >  it will store 97
    >
    > plz tell me things
    > how
    > a integer value is stored in form of ascii or some thing else ?
    > similarly how a floating value (54.3323) is stored in which form ?

    use google to search for the replies given to your class-mates.

    Nick Keighley, Jul 12, 2009

  3. manish sahu

    Richard Bos Guest

    manish sahu <> wrote:

    > plz tell me things

    I'll tell you one thing: you've asked this cockamamie question three
    times, now, and each time you've started with the wrong ideas before you
    even asked. Read the answers you got and _think about them_, or go away.

    Richard

    Richard Bos, Jul 12, 2009
  4. manish sahu

    Richard Bos Guest

    Joe Wright <> wrote:

    > manish sahu wrote:

    > > how
    > > similarly how a floating value (54.3323) is stored in which form ?

    > 01000010 01011001 01010100 01000110
    > 5.43322983e+01
    >
    > There's lots of information on floating point on the web. Google for
    > IEEE-754.

    _If_ your floating point values are stored using IEEE-754. This is
    likely, but certainly not guaranteed by the Standard.

    As, in fact, has been explained to the OP already, a week ago.

    Richard

    Richard Bos, Jul 12, 2009