How remember page position on postback

Bobby Edward

I have a long form. When I click the submit button at the bottom the page
does some validation. But, it always refreshes and the page is at the "top"
again. How can I have it "retain" it's scroll position?

I set the page directive of Enable View State to true but tht didn't help.

Thanks.

Nathan Sokalski

In the @Page directive, include MaintainScrollPositionOnPostback="true"

Mark Fitzpatrick

The ViewState won't have anything to do with the page position, it just
stores data used by the controls on a page. Try enabling SmartNavigation on
the page instead. This works best in IE from the reports I've heard. I can't
confirm myself whether or not it works with non-IE browsers since I don't
use SmartNavigation.

Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick

Bobby Edward

Nathan Sokalski said:
In the @Page directive, include MaintainScrollPositionOnPostback="true"

I tried this but it didn't work. :(

This is a page that is using a master page. Does that make a difference?

Thanks!