    or some other clever trick to make grandma's life easier?

    Chris

    , Jan 6, 2006

  2. Paul Rubin Guest

    "" <> writes:
    > Is there some easy way to somehow perhaps embed a minimal web server in
    > a Python tar ball

    Yes, sure, see any of the HTTP server classes in the stdlib.
    Just listen on a localhost socket and pop a browser to point to that socket.

    Paul Rubin, Jan 6, 2006

  3. Fuzzyman Guest

    For development I run my own modified version of CGIHTTPServer.

    It is called CGITHTTPServerWithSSI -
    http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/recipebook.shtml#ssi

    It implements *some* SSI functions and allows you to maintain sites in
    *two* folders. A main folder and a second 'development' folder that
    just has stuff you're working on. It looks in the development folder
    first.

    The HTTPServer classes make great base classes for messing around with
    your own custom implementations for testing.

    All the best,

    Fuzzyman

    Fuzzyman, Jan 6, 2006
  4. for example like that: python -m CGIHTTPServer

    =?iso-8859-1?B?c+liYXN0aWVu?=, Jan 6, 2006