How send email of resulting aspx page?

VB Programmer

I created a rtf html newsletter editor using ASP.NET. It has a preview
button which previews the resulting newletter. The "preview" page basically
has tables with labels in it. I fill in the labels with data from the db.

Question: How do I email the resulting "preview" page, with everything
filled in?

Thanks.

Lucas Tam

Question: How do I email the resulting "preview" page, with everything
filled in?

You'll need to regenerate the table before you e-mail. Basically build HTML
from scratch.

VB Programmer

Any way to simply get the resulting HTML then store it in a session var then
make it the message body?

Lucas Tam

Any way to simply get the resulting HTML then store it in a session
var then make it the message body?

You theoretically could... by inheriting the page class and capturing the
rewriting the render portion... but ASP.NET's HTML is not optimized for e-
mail - it contains a lot of tags such as Viewstate which would bloat and e-
mail (and probably won't display properly in a lot of e-mail clients).

If you *REALLY* wanted to use ASP.NET's output... take a look at screen
scarping:

But generally speaking, scraping ASP.NET HTML for e-mail use is a bad idea.

VB Programmer

Steve, as usual great response! You are so helpful to the community. I
will check out the links.

Thanks.