How should I interpret this set of laptop specifications?

Francis Chee

Hi, there:

This is not C++, but I think it will get some quick response for my Laptop
decision.

I expect my notebook doesn't inhibit me from editing digital pictures due to
LCD displays.
What does the "Maximum Resolution1024x768" and "Max resolution (with max
video
RAM)2048x1536" mean?

If I order this machine with RAM upgraded to 512MB, will I get a resolution
of 2048x1536
anyway?

Thanks.

-------------------------
Display/MonitorExternal display supportedYesSimultaneous external
displayYesScreen Type DescriptionTFTViewable Image Size (Diagonal)
Inches15.0Screen IlluminationBacklitGrey Shades or Colours Max Built in
Screen16777216Maximum Resolution1024x768

Graphics SubsystemDescriptionIntel Extreme Graphics 2TypeXGAVideo RAM
typeDVMTMax resolution (with max video RAM)2048x1536 16777216 coloursMaximum
Simultaneous Colours16777216Graphics bus interfaceDirect AGPVideo on
PlanarYes
-----------------------

http://www-605.ibm.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=33
068122&storeId=702&langId=702&categoryId=8655975&dualCurrId=97&catalogId=-70
2

Tim Williams

Definitely OT, but I'd assume the first spec is the number of physical
pixels availalbe in the laptop's display whereas the second is the max
resolution the laptop's video output could handle if hooked up to a
suitable external display if you have purchased the maximum possible
video RAM.

tim.

HuckinFappy

Francis said:
This is not C++, but I think it will get some quick response for my Laptop
decision.

<boggle>

Just when i thought I'd seen everything.

Someone please give Francis a quick whack with a clue by four.

~Jeff

Richard Cavell

Hi, there:

This is not C++, but I think it will get some quick response for my Laptop
decision.

I expect my notebook doesn't inhibit me from editing digital pictures due to
LCD displays.
What does the "Maximum Resolution1024x768" and "Max resolution (with max
video
RAM)2048x1536" mean?

The seller is overselling the ability of the machine. If the screen is
1024x768, it will never display anything higher than that on its on
screen. It may well be able to display 2048x1536 on its external
display, but you need to see how much video RAM it actually has. It's
pointless to state that the hardware is capable of more when it doesn't
have the RAM.

Larry

Francis said:
[...]

perldoc -q screen

for potentially helpful Perl documentation.

You may want to try Radio Shack if there is one in your area. I
recommend you not ask this in comp.lang.c++ as it will be completely
off topic over there.

Get the extra ram anyway if you can afford it, and ask about battery
life. Regarding the battery, they have Acpi::Battery on cpan.org, but
it's just for Linux. Imagine if something like that could support all
platforms?

Larry

Francis said:
Hi, there:

This is not C++, but I think it will get some quick response for my Laptop
decision.

I expect my notebook doesn't inhibit me from editing digital pictures due to
LCD displays.
What does the "Maximum Resolution1024x768" and "Max resolution (with max
video
RAM)2048x1536" mean?

If I order this machine with RAM upgraded to 512MB, will I get a resolution
of 2048x1536
anyway?

max resolution depends on ur screen and ur video card. in this case, ur
video card can support a screen of 2048x1536 IFF you have enough video
ram. what the seller is trying to say,i believe is, your video card with
its current video ram will support a monitor of max resolution 1024x768.
which means the laptop the seller has advertised for has a screen with
a max res of 1024x768 and JUST enuff video mem to support it!

and no u will not get 2048x1536 becoz i think the laptop is setup
currently so that jst a RAM upgrade will not help!

Jazeker

Francis said:
Hi, there:

This is not C++, but I think it will get some quick response for my Laptop
decision.

I expect my notebook doesn't inhibit me from editing digital pictures due to
LCD displays.
What does the "Maximum Resolution1024x768" and "Max resolution (with max
video
RAM)2048x1536" mean?

If I order this machine with RAM upgraded to 512MB, will I get a resolution
of 2048x1536
anyway?

Thanks.

You will need a 1200x635 screen to see all web formats approved by
Microsoft. With such screen you can use the DVD::play module which
allows you to watch cinema-sized movies without a projector.

oh yes... and do ask for the soundblaster 16 ASP.

OrderFitnessKetoCapsules