How store results of SqlDataSource SELECT statement?

VB Programmer

I have a SqlDataSource I setup on an ASP.NET 2.0 webform.

I setup the SELECT statement and it has 1 parameter, @ProductId.

How do I, using VB.NET, store the results of that SELECT statement into a
datatable or dataview, for example?

Here's partial code...
Dim ds As New DataSet
Dim dv As New DataView

For Each i As CartItem In Profile.MyShoppingCart.CartItems

' SET THE SELECT PARAMETER
Me.sdsFreeShip.SelectParameters("ProductId").DefaultValue =
i.ID.Trim

' ERROR HERE... TRYING TO GET RESULTS OF SELECT AND STORE IT IN
dv VAR
' (Argument not specified error)
dv = Me.sdsFreeShip.Select

If dv.Table.Rows.Count = 0 Then
' include in total
MyTotal += i.Price * i.Quantity
End If
Next

Thanks

Nanda Lella[MSFT]

In the aspx page, for your DataTable or DataView you can set the
"DataSourceId" property as the name of your SqlDataSource.

From: "VB Programmer" <[email protected]>
Subject: How store results of SqlDataSource SELECT statement?
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 14:29:00 -0400
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet

--

Thank You,
Nanda Lella,

This Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.