    kindly help me this is the last task for me to complete my
    application .

    I am making it with LWUIT (J2ME)

    focode, Sep 9, 2009

  2. focode

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Wed, 9 Sep 2009 03:42:37 -0700 (PDT), focode
    who said :

    >i have set labels with images in 2,2 gridlayout , in the form, every
    >thing is working fine except their is no change on screen when focus
    >is shifting from one label to another i.e the end user is not able to
    >detect which is the current focusable item. I am able to know which is
    >the current label the user is focusing as i have set UID for each
    >component and when their is shift of focus i collect the uid of
    >present focusable item , i have to contain the label in a square when
    >the component is focused so that the end user knows it or any kind of
    >change when the user shifts the focus from one Label to another will
    >do for me , tell me any method which brings some kind of change on
    >the present selected component

    labels are just for decoration. If you want something with the notion
    of selection use a JButton, JCheckBox, JRadioButton, JToggleButton,
    JList, JComboBox, JTree, JTable...

    See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/swing.html
    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    http://mindprod.com

    "I mean, source code in files; how quaint, how seventies!"
    ~ Kent Beck (born: 1961 age: 48), evangelist for extreme programming.

    Roedy Green, Sep 9, 2009

  3. focode

    focode Guest

    On Sep 9, 6:59 pm, Roedy Green <>
    wrote:
    > On Wed, 9 Sep 2009 03:42:37 -0700 (PDT), focode
    > who said :
    >
    > >i have set labels with images in 2,2 gridlayout , in the form, every
    > >thing is working fine except their is no change on screen when focus
    > >is shifting from one label to another i.e the end user is not able to
    > >detect which is the current focusable item. I am able to know which is
    > >the current label the user is focusing as i have set UID for each
    > >component and when their is shift of focus i collect the uid of
    > >present focusable item , i have to contain the label in a square when
    > >the component is focused so that the end user knows it or any kind of
    > >change when the user shifts the focus from one Label to another will
    > >do for me ,  tell me any method which brings some kind of change on
    > >the present selected component

    > labels are just for decoration. If you want something with the notion
    > of selection use a JButton,  JCheckBox, JRadioButton, JToggleButton,
    > JList, JComboBox, JTree, JTable...
    >
    > Seehttp://mindprod.com/jgloss/swing.html
    > --
    > Roedy Green Canadian Mind Productshttp://mindprod.com
    >
    > "I mean, source code in files; how quaint, how seventies!"
    > ~ Kent Beck (born: 1961 age: 48), evangelist for extreme programming.

    dear Mr Roedy Green

    i achieved the effect by setBorderPainted(true) in listner fuction
    "focusGained(Component com ){} " and again passing "false" argumemt to
    the same function in focusLost(Component com){} , i am working on
    LWUIT which is said to be inspired by "swing" , any way if you have
    any thing more to suggest me , you are welcome

    thanks
    Arunesh

    focode, Sep 9, 2009