    thanks (as always)
    some day i''m gona pay this forum back for all the help i''m getting
    kes

    =?Utf-8?B?V2ViQnVpbGRlcjQ1MQ==?=, Jun 6, 2007

  2. Installing the Database using Aspnet_regsql.exe (http://
    msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/x28wfk74.aspx).

    Try it on your own server first so you can get a feel for it, and
    actually use the built in management tool (VS 2005 rediculous
    version). The ASP.net config tool won't work accross the wire (only
    local). So plan on using an open source one, or building your own
    remote front end to admin the users and roles.

    It defaults from machine.config settings in SYS_ROOT/Microsoft.NET
    \Framework\v2.0.x and up (i think it does 3)
    So unless you change your machine.config, you will have to override
    your web.config per app.

    some more random links
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/2fx93s7w.aspx
    http://www.odetocode.com/Articles/428.aspx (good one)

    CitrusMotors.com, Jun 7, 2007

  3. VERY much appreciated!
    Thank you!

    =?Utf-8?B?V2ViQnVpbGRlcjQ1MQ==?=, Jun 7, 2007
  4. On Jun 7, 12:13 pm, WebBuilder451
    <> wrote:
    > VERY much appreciated!
    > Thank you!
    > --
    > thanks (as always)
    > some day i''m gona pay this forum back for all the help i''m getting
    > kes
    >

    > "CitrusMotors.com" wrote:
    > > Installing the Database using Aspnet_regsql.exe (http://
    > > msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/x28wfk74.aspx).

    > > Try it on your own server first so you can get a feel for it, and
    > > actually use the built in management tool (VS 2005 rediculous
    > > version). The ASP.net config tool won't work accross the wire (only
    > > local). So plan on using an open source one, or building your own
    > > remote front end to admin the users and roles.

    > > It defaults from machine.config settings in SYS_ROOT/Microsoft.NET
    > > \Framework\v2.0.x and up (i think it does 3)
    > > So unless you change your machine.config, you will have to override
    > > your web.config per app.

    > > some more random links
    > >http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/2fx93s7w.aspx
    > >http://www.odetocode.com/Articles/428.aspx(good one)

    > > On Jun 6, 3:11 pm, WebBuilder451
    > > <> wrote:
    > > > I have seen a few articals that show how to start using properties, even a
    > > > few on custom providors for profiles, but have not yet seen any basic steps
    > > > on how to initialize the database tables and how to connect to them in the
    > > > web config.

    > > > My sqlserver is on a seprate machine using mixed mode security with a
    > > > specific sql user assigned to allow access.

    > > > Any and a
    > > > --
    > > > thanks (as always)
    > > > some day i''m gona pay this forum back for all the help i''m getting
    > > > kes- Hide quoted text -

    Me too, I am just paying it forward as the movie went.

    CitrusMotors.com, Jun 15, 2007