How they did it?

TJ

In
Jafar As-Sadiq Calley said:
Consider it punishment for using ie? ;)

So your objective is to punish 75-90% (depending on whom you believe) of
your potential visitors? Not very smart IMO, but it's your website
afterall. Think about it. Who are you really punishing by making your page
take so long to load with IE? Not me. :)
Actually, I haven't learnt
another way of doing it yet. I've begun learning a little php. I
guess one day I'll have a little applet or something to browse and
listen at will.

You might wanna just drop the embedded sound idea altogether, but again.
It's your site.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Wasn't one. I killed your site before it had a chance to load even with a
pretty fast connection and IE. I went back and took a look with Firefox,
but only because I was interested in seeing how it (Firefox) handled the
..png transparency, which it did, flawlessly. Nobody else using IE would
have done that though. They would have just blown past your site and moved
on. Especially anybody with a dial-up connection.