how to acces a parentcontainer from a user control

Support

using vb.net ...

I have a webpage: mainwebpage.aspx which inherits
PORTAL.PORTALLOGIN.MANAGERIGHTS

mainwebpage.aspx contains a placeholder: MyPlaceholder

The control MyPlaceholder contains a usercontrol "ManageGeneral.ascx"
which Inherits="PORTAL.ManageGeneralNameSpace.ManageGeneralWebControlCode"

On the user control ManageGeneral.ascx I have a button which accesses a Sub
in PORTAL.ManageGeneralNameSpace.ManageGeneralWebControlCode which in turn,
I want it to access a function located in PORTAL.PORTALLOGIN.MANAGERIGHTS

here is the function in PORTAL.PORTALLOGIN.MANAGERIGHTS:
Public Sub DisplayMessage(ByVal answer As String, ByVal backcolor As
System.Drawing.Color, ByVal forecolor As System.Drawing.Color)
lblUPDATEMYRECORDfeedback.ForeColor = forecolor
lblUPDATEMYRECORDfeedback.BackColor = backcolor
lblUPDATEMYRECORDfeedback.Text = answer
End Sub

here is the function in
PORTAL.ManageGeneralNameSpace.ManageGeneralWebControlCode

Public Sub DisplayAnswer(ByVal answer As String, ByVal backcolor As
System.Drawing.Color, ByVal forecolor As System.Drawing.Color)

Private LoginManageRights As PORTAL.PORTALLOGIN.MANAGERIGHTS (this is
actually placed below the Inherits...)
LoginManageRights.DisplayMessage(answer, backcolor, forecolor)

End Sub

Is there a way to do that ?

Thanks

Terry