How to access a button tag in watir

Vani

Hello every one,

I am facing problem in Xpath query i have written to access a button
tag
in watir.

Following is the code i have written.
require 'watir'
include Watir

ie = IE.new

ie.goto("http://www.travelocity.com/")
ie.maximize()

ie.link:)text,"Flights").click
ie.radio:)value, "oneway").set

ie.text_field:)name, "leavingFrom").set("Pune")
ie.text_field:)name, "goingTo").set("Mumbai")
ie.text_field:)name, "leavingDate").set('10/27/2005')

ie.button:)name,"submit").click

ie.link:)text, "additional fees").click

sleep 5

iePopup = IE.attach:)title, /Explanation of Taxes/)
iePopup.close()

# I am facing problem on the below line of code

ie.button:)xpath,"//*[@id='tfGrid']/tr[4]/td[6]/div[1]/button").click

Can anyone tell me where I am going wrong?

Jeff Wood

------=_Part_3005_30172354.1130309677487

Hows about giving us the error message you're getting ???
And, you are actually wanting:
button in 2nd div within the 7th cell of the 5th row of any tag which has
an id=3D'tfGrid' attribute ???
Remember that xpath is not 1 based, like most of WATiR ...
But, again, having the error message, and maybe a peek at the chunk of
stuff you're trying to extract , would be quite helpful.
Other than that, you should only be encountering <tr> tags inside either
If it's a <table> there are much simpler ways to get to the button ...
ie.table( :id, "tfGrid" )[4][6].div( :index, 1 ).button( :index, 1 ).click
no xpath ... don't know if it will work cause I can't even imagine the htm=
complicated enough to need something this complex ... but,
please give us more to work with... hope we can help. Look forward to your
response.
Kickin' offline for the night ( 23:54-8:00GMT here ) ... will take a look
tomorrow.
j.

Hello every one,

I am facing problem in Xpath query i have written to access a button
tag
in watir.

Following is the code i have written.
require 'watir'
include Watir

ie =3D IE.new

ie.goto("http://www.travelocity.com/")
ie.maximize()

ie.link:)text,"Flights").click
ie.radio:)value, "oneway").set

ie.text_field:)name, "leavingFrom").set("Pune")
ie.text_field:)name, "goingTo").set("Mumbai")
ie.text_field:)name, "leavingDate").set('10/27/2005')

ie.button:)name,"submit").click

ie.link:)text, "additional fees").click

sleep 5

iePopup =3D IE.attach:)title, /Explanation of Taxes/)
iePopup.close()

# I am facing problem on the below line of code

ie.button:)xpath,"//*[@id=3D'tfGrid']/tr[4]/td[6]/div[1]/button").click

Can anyone tell me where I am going wrong?

--
"http://ruby-lang.org -- do you ruby?"