How to access a site to ony type the folde name (not .htm)

brucie

I want to make a website and want the user to only type the folder name to
access the site.
Normaly I have to make this:

www.test.com/test/test.htm

But I want the user to access this site to type: www.test.com/test

(assumes apache) stick the below in a .htaccess file[1] for the
directory you want the directives to apply to. child directories inherit
the directives so if you stick it in your root the directives will apply
to all of your site.

DirectoryIndex test.htm

[1] a .htaccess file is a plain text file named as shown. if you create
the file with notepad save the file with quotes to prevent notepad from
adding a .txt extension i.e: ".htaccess"