How to access Active Directory from web application?

Hvid Hat

Hi

How should I go about accessing a Active Directory from a web application?

I need to display a list of users from a Active Directory on a public
website. Since the web application and the Active Directory are on separate
domains I don't think the web application can access the Active Directory(?).
I thought about publishing the Active Directory users through a web service
that can be used by the web application but I'm not sure if it's the way to
go?

Anyone?

Guest

Hi

How should I go about accessing a Active Directory from a web application?

I need to display a list of users from a Active Directory on a public
website. Since the web application and the Active Directory are on separate
domains I don't think the web application can access the Active Directory(?).
I thought about publishing the Active Directory users through a web service
that can be used by the web application but I'm not sure if it's the way to
go?

Anyone?

May you establish a trust between both domains or this is not
possible? When you have a trust you can access resources in the other
domain. If you have a questions regarding trust, you should probably
ask in microsoft.public.windows.server.general or in
microsoft.public.windows.server.active_directory