How to access NNTP via Java?

Sam Hwang

It seems can be done by JavaMail? Is that right? Pls give me more
information, cause Sun claims it is not supported by the current phrase
of JavaMail:

http://java.sun.com/products/javamail/FAQ.html
Q: What about support for MAPI, NNTP, Lotus Notes, and other service
providers?
A: We have no current plans to implement any of these providers.
However, the architecture of the JavaMail APIs provides for being able
to easily plug-in third-party service providers. It is our hope that
third-parties will embrace the JavaMail APIs by writing providers for
other standard and proprietary protocols. See our Third Party Products
page for the latest list of such providers.

Roedy Green

It seems can be done by JavaMail? Is that right? Pls give me more
information, cause Sun claims it is not supported by the current phrase
of JavaMail:

NNTP is so bloody simple, you can do it with raw sockets. I will send
you a sample program if you are interested. Send me an email with the
key word "welcome wagon".