    providers?
    A: We have no current plans to implement any of these providers.
    However, the architecture of the JavaMail APIs provides for being able
    to easily plug-in third-party service providers. It is our hope that
    third-parties will embrace the JavaMail APIs by writing providers for
    other standard and proprietary protocols. See our Third Party Products
    page for the latest list of such providers.

    Sam Hwang, Aug 17, 2005

  2. Sam Hwang

    Roedy Green Guest

    On 16 Aug 2005 21:00:52 -0700, "Sam Hwang" <> wrote or
    quoted :

    >It seems can be done by JavaMail? Is that right? Pls give me more
    >information, cause Sun claims it is not supported by the current phrase
    >of JavaMail:

    NNTP is so bloody simple, you can do it with raw sockets. I will send
    you a sample program if you are interested. Send me an email with the
    key word "welcome wagon".

    Roedy Green, Aug 17, 2005

  3. Sam Hwang

    Stefan Ram Guest

    Stefan Ram, Aug 17, 2005
  4. Sam Hwang

    Sam Hwang Guest

    I found Apache offer a NNTP capability in commons-net, is that useful?

    Sam Hwang, Aug 17, 2005
  5. Sam Hwang

    Roedy Green Guest

    On 16 Aug 2005 23:13:25 -0700, "Sam Hwang" <> wrote or
    quoted :

    >I found Apache offer a NNTP capability in commons-net, is that useful?

    does it work only within their webserver or in your context too?

    Roedy Green, Aug 17, 2005