    without providing the username and password.

    Is there a way to hardcode the username and password in html file?

    Thanks in advance
    Vikas, Nov 15, 2007

  2. Vikas

    Bone Ur Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Thu, 15 Nov 2007 05:09:24 GMT
    Vikas scribed:

    > Hi All,
    >
    > I have a password protected website. I want to put the link of my
    > website in third party website and want the users to access my website
    > without providing the username and password.
    >
    > Is there a way to hardcode the username and password in html file?
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    Sure. Use php or some server-side scripting method and hide the name and
    p/w there. The 3rd-party site should use a form to access the script.

    --
    Bone Ur
    Cavemen have formidable pheromones.
    Bone Ur, Nov 15, 2007

  3. Vikas wrote:

    > Hi All,
    >
    > I have a password protected website. I want to put the link of my
    > website in third party website and want the users to access my website
    > without providing the username and password.
    >
    > Is there a way to hardcode the username and password in html file?

    http://login:/

    Beware: The password and login are now public. It isn't a protection
    anymore.

    --
    If you've a question that doesn't belong to Usenet, contact me at
    <>
    André Gillibert, Nov 17, 2007
  4. Scripsit André Gillibert:

    > http://login:/
    >
    > Beware: The password and login are now public. It isn't a protection
    > anymore.

    And this construct, which violates http URL syntax, stopped working in IE 7,
    quite intentionally.

    --
    Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
    Jukka K. Korpela, Nov 17, 2007
  5. Jukka K. Korpela wrote:

    > Scripsit André Gillibert:
    >
    >> http://login:/
    >>
    >> Beware: The password and login are now public. It isn't a protection
    >> anymore.

    > And this construct, which violates http URL syntax, stopped working in
    > IE 7, quite intentionally.

    Right. It's valid for ftp, though.

    André Gillibert, Nov 17, 2007