How to access the content of notepad with Python?

kepioo

Hi,

I have a software running on my computer that really looks like notepad
( same interface, different name). I need to write a script that will
capture the content of this software --> the text written inside.

Is it possible using win32 libs? any clue?

Thanks!

placid

kepioo said:
Hi,

I have a software running on my computer that really looks like notepad
( same interface, different name). I need to write a script that will
capture the content of this software --> the text written inside.

Dont know about win32, but if you want an easy solution then save the
text you want to capture and then read it via Python!

Ravi Teja

I have a software running on my computer that really looks like notepad
( same interface, different name). I need to write a script that will
capture the content of this software --> the text written inside.

Is it possible using win32 libs? any clue?

http://www.openqa.org/pywinauto/
The example on their home page is in fact how to automate Notepad. I am
sure you can work from there.