    HI:
    above title..
    , Mar 2, 2004

  2. Uwe Grauer Guest

    Uwe Grauer, Mar 2, 2004

  3. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Bernard_Delm=E9e?=, Mar 2, 2004
  4. Oleg Popov Guest

    On 1 Mar 2004 21:33:45 -0800
    () wrote:

    > HI:
    > above title..

    Try cx_Oracle.
    I think it is the best variant on Linux,win32 and Solaris.
    "cx_Oracle is a Python extension module that allows access to Oracle databases and conforms to the Python database API specification.
    This module is currently built against Oracle 8.1.7 and 9.2.0. "
    see:
    http://starship.python.net/crew/atuining/

    Popov Oleg,
    Oracle DBA

    Oleg Popov, Mar 3, 2004
  5. Bill Guest

    I heard good things about the cx package since I was looking at the same
    stuff recently. Note you will need to install the Oracle client for this.

    If you are doing just a few simple queries you can do without cx and the
    client by calling 'sqlplus' and just sending the input and capturing the
    output. I had this working using 'popen2' and running sqlplus as a child.

    This is viable if you are happy calling sqlplus each time, ie could you do
    what you want as a shell script, but it is worth considering.

    /bill

    Bill, Mar 5, 2004