How to access to SQL with Integrated Security from ASP.Net app

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Davide Bedin, Jul 24, 2003.

  1. Davide Bedin

    Davide Bedin Guest

    I'm trying to use impersonation for a specific account in order to access
    SQL with Integrated Security

    This account is member of the domain users and has access to the SQL
    database.
    The <process model> in machine.config on the server is SYSTEM so I suppose
    it has sufficient rights to impersonate a user.

    When I try to access the application I get an UnauthorizedAccessException
    telling that the user hasn't access to
    C:\winnt\Microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\temporary asp.net files\control
    codes\5753d30e\430de296\hash.web is denied.

    Have I to set any special right to the user I'm impersonating in order to
    use the application? If I impersonate a user that is member of the domain
    administrators group everything works fine, obviously.

    Thanks in advance,
    Davide Bedin

    Davide Bedin, Jul 24, 2003