    Any pointers will be helpful.

    regards
    Vineet Batta
    vineetbatta, Nov 6, 2004

  2. [Cross-posted from ...framework.aspnet.webcontrols; vineet, please read
    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/xpost.html#why for more info on
    good netiquette on crossposting USENET messages....]

    vineetbatta wrote:

    > i have a user control which allows the user to enter Name& Address

    in text boxes.

    > I use the same user control in the main page...
    >
    > Is there a simple way of accessing the Name & address entered in the

    text boxes of the user control in the main page(Page hosting the user
    control using Resgister directive.).

    Create a couple of Public, read-only properties in the User Control that
    return the values of the Web controls. For example, imagine the address
    textbox in the UC has an ID of Address. You could, in your UC class, add:

    'VB.NET
    Public ReadOnly Property AddressValue as String
    Get
    Return Address.Text
    End Get
    End Property

    // C#
    public string AddressValue
    {
    get {
    return Address.Text;

    In your page that contains the UC you'll need to manually add a
    reference to the UC and then you can access its property just as you
    normally would.

    For more information on User Controls, check out my article:

    An Extensive Examination of User Controls
    http://tinyurl.com/6p2ju

    Happy Programming!

    --

    Scott Mitchell