    LINK ==>page with counter and redirection ==> WEB page

    This redirection as to be transparent for the user....

    Thank

    The Snoozing Team, Oct 31, 2003

  2. The Snoozing Team wrote:
    > I want to know wich way i can use to know how many
    > time somebody clic on a specific link.....

    Most just click once, althogh there will always be a few with click-mania

    > This page his not host on my server and i dont have any way to
    > look on the log.

    which page - source or target?

    > If it's not possible, can i link to a page who redirect automaticly
    > to another page and put a counter to the first page and how
    > to do it
    >
    > LINK ==>page with counter and redirection ==> WEB page

    yes

    > This redirection as to be transparent for the user....

    maybe - depends on the server resources.

    --
    William Tasso - http://WilliamTasso.com

    William Tasso, Oct 31, 2003

  3. William Tasso <> wrote:
    >> LINK ==>page with counter and redirection ==> WEB page

    > yes

    So a PHP page with a counter and standard redirect is good? I know this
    wouldn't show exactly how many complete a download, but it's a good
    estimate.
    --
    Michael Wilcox
    mjwilco at yahoo dot com

    Michael Wilcox, Oct 31, 2003
  4. Michael Wilcox wrote:
    > William Tasso <> wrote:
    >>> LINK ==>page with counter and redirection ==> WEB page

    >> yes

    > So a PHP page with a counter and standard redirect is good?

    Good? I don't know. However it is how a lot of people do it.

    --
    William Tasso - http://WilliamTasso.com

    William Tasso, Nov 1, 2003
  5. William Tasso <> wrote:
    > Good? I don't know. However it is how a lot of people do it.

    So what would be a better way for those of us without access to server logs
    to count downloads?
    --
    Michael Wilcox
    mjwilco at yahoo dot com

    Michael Wilcox, Nov 1, 2003
  6. For myself its not to count download

    I have a page here http://www.thesnoozingteam.8k.com/
    I just want to know how many times the french button and
    the english button is hit by people to acces the french or
    the english version of this site: http://www.thesnoozingteam.com/

    What will be the code if i do a page like www.french.8k.com and
    www.english.8k.com to put betwen my page and the official page.
    I will put a Andale Counter to that page but with a tranparent redirection
    for the user......

    P.S. That is not spamming. It's just to show you exactly what i want to do

    Thanks

    The Snoozing Team, Nov 1, 2003