How to add an hyperlick column to grid view

Valli

Hi,

I am using a gridview to display data from table. In the gridview, there
are 5 columns in which one column contains link name(eg.
http://www.msn.com).
I want to show this link as an hyperlink & when the user click the link,
the browser should open the link page.
Can anyone explain how to add an hyperlink column & when it got clicked
it should get transferered to the selected web page.
The link page differs for each record in grid view.

I am new to ASP. Please help me in this...

Regards
Valli

Michael Nemtsev, MVP

Hello Valli,

Just add a hyperlink control. You can edit the standard gridview template
http://authors.aspalliance.com/aspxtreme/webforms/controls/addinghyperlinkfieldstogridview.aspx

---
WBR,

V> Hi,
V>
V> I am using a gridview to display data from table. In the
V> gridview, there
V> are 5 columns in which one column contains link name(eg.
V> http://www.msn.com).
V> I want to show this link as an hyperlink & when the user click
V> the link,
V> the browser should open the link page.
V> Can anyone explain how to add an hyperlink column & when it got
V> clicked
V> it should get transferered to the selected web page.
V> The link page differs for each record in grid view.
V> I am new to ASP. Please help me in this...
V>
V> Regards
V> Valli

Guest

You can add a TemplateField in the GridView control using the Edit Column
option from the context menu when you click on the smart tag (arrow on top og
the Grid).

1. Add a TemplateField in the Selected Fields list.

2. Now Right click on the Grid and select Edit Templates. Now drop the
Hyperlink control in the ItemTemplate of the Grid.

3. Now bind the NavigateURL and Text property of the Hyperlink to the
hyperlink column field in the table using Data Bindings.

4. Now if you click on the hyperlink, it will take you to that page.

Regards,
Manish