How To...Add Audio....

Discussion in 'HTML' started by W. K. Mahler, Sep 2, 2006.

  1. W. K. Mahler

    W. K. Mahler Guest

    Hi,

    How do i add / implement streaming audio using a beta called Microsoft
    "Expression"? It's based upon Front Page 2003 and seems almost like
    Dreamweaver.
    I've included an example based upon this link below. This feature is "tiny"
    in size and has an option to turn on or off the audio. What I'd like to get
    is something
    where I can have multiple selections that the surfer can choose that of
    course will load easily. The example provided is by SoundClick and they
    won't part with their
    "technology".

    http://www.soundclick.com/pro/view/01/default.cfm?bandid=123536&content=main&songid=0

    Thanks,

    --
    William K. Mahler http://www.mahlers.com
    Skype ID: mahlersdotcom

    W. K. Mahler, Sep 2, 2006

  2. W. K. Mahler wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > How do i add / implement streaming audio using a beta called Microsoft
    > "Expression"? It's based upon Front Page 2003 and seems almost like
    > Dreamweaver.
    > I've included an example based upon this link below. This feature is "tiny"
    > in size and has an option to turn on or off the audio. What I'd like to get
    > is something
    > where I can have multiple selections that the surfer can choose that of
    > course will load easily. The example provided is by SoundClick and they
    > won't part with their
    > "technology".
    >
    > http://www.soundclick.com/pro/view/01/default.cfm?bandid=123536&content=main&songid=0

    This page has a Macromedia Shockwave stream in it. I don't know what
    Microsoft Expression has to do with that. Anyway, if you want to know
    how to let the user manipulate Shockwave embedded in a page, that's a
    question best posed in a Macromedia forum or read about in their online
    documentation on manipulating Shockwave with Javascript.

    Harlan Messinger, Sep 2, 2006

  3. W. K. Mahler

    W. K. Mahler Guest

    Anyone remember "Sausage"? http://www.sausage.com

    W. K. Mahler, Sep 2, 2006
  4. W. K. Mahler

    Guest

    On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 15:27:37 GMT, "W. K. Mahler" >

    <> wrote:

    >Anyone remember "Sausage"? http://www.sausage.com

    Yes. In fact, after ten years of it, I've only just given up and
    moved over to html-kit. This is the closest I can get to HotDog in
    "look-and-feel".
    My original moan about hotdog was its price, and it remains a moan. In
    a world offering stuff like free html-kit, and free ftp programs, he
    really needs to look at his pricing policy. It's still expensive, but
    as the site looks like he (or someone else) is on the case again, the
    range of goodies, and the memory of how comfortable I felt in it,
    prompts me to trial the new version (the last time, everything was in
    Dutch).
    Just installed v7 and immediately run into the problem I had with 6.6
    where, where inputting stuff after an html open angle-bracket, it
    accepts only about 20 characters and then seizes, putting one
    character at a time, slowly, to the screen. This also puts other
    computer functions in limbo.
    It's the only program that does this, I run spyware every day, and
    everything incoming is automatically checked for viruses.

    MMmmmfffff.....

    , Sep 5, 2006
  5. W. K. Mahler

    Guest

    On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 11:53:55 GMT,
    wrote:

    >On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 15:27:37 GMT, "W. K. Mahler" >
    >>"W. K. Mahler" <> wrote in message
    >>>

    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> How do i add / implement streaming audio using a beta called Microsoft
    >>> "Expression"? It's based upon Front Page 2003 and seems almost like
    >>> Dreamweaver.
    >>> I've included an example based upon this link below. This feature is
    >>> "tiny" in size and has an option to turn on or off the audio. What I'd
    >>> like to get is something
    >>> where I can have multiple selections that the surfer can choose that of
    >>> course will load easily. The example provided is by SoundClick and they
    >>> won't part with their
    >>> "technology".
    >>>
    >>> http://www.soundclick.com/pro/view/01/default.cfm?bandid=123536&content=main&songid=0
    >>>

    >>> Thanks,
    >>>

    >>> --
    >>> William K. Mahler http://www.mahlers.com
    >>> Skype ID: mahlersdotcom
    >>> All landline and or cell phone calls while using Skype
    >>> anywhere USA & Canada are free 'till 2007.
    >>> http://www.skype.com
    >>>

    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>Anyone remember "Sausage"? http://www.sausage.com
    >>

    >Yes. In fact, after ten years of it, I've only just given up and
    >moved over to html-kit. This is the closest I can get to HotDog in
    >"look-and-feel".
    >My original moan about hotdog was its price, and it remains a moan. In
    >a world offering stuff like free html-kit, and free ftp programs, he
    >really needs to look at his pricing policy. It's still expensive, but
    >as the site looks like he (or someone else) is on the case again, the
    >range of goodies, and the memory of how comfortable I felt in it,
    >prompts me to trial the new version (the last time, everything was in
    >Dutch).
    >Just installed v7 and immediately run into the problem I had with 6.6
    >where, where inputting stuff after an html open angle-bracket, it
    >accepts only about 20 characters and then seizes, putting one
    >character at a time, slowly, to the screen. This also puts other
    >computer functions in limbo.
    >It's the only program that does this, I run spyware every day, and
    >everything incoming is automatically checked for viruses.
    >
    >MMmmmfffff.....

    He hasn't responded in any way. Sod him. He's seen the last of my
    money.

    , Sep 7, 2006
  6. W. K. Mahler

    The LazyBum Guest

    "W. K. Mahler" <> wrote in message
    > Anyone remember "Sausage"? http://www.sausage.com

    I remember them, not a bad editor, just a little over priced

    The LazyBum, Aug 6, 2008