how to Add different controls(textBox,DropDownList or some ) in the same column,based upon the value

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by Balaji, Jul 7, 2003.

  1. Balaji

    Balaji Guest

    I am new to ASP.NET.

    I am facing problem with datagrid.

    I will explain prob now.

    In the datagrid the first column is name
    in the second column i need to add Dropdownlist with some
    value(present,absent,late,etc).

    ok.Then

    on the selection based upon the second colum(say absent ) i need a
    another dropdownlist in the third colun with some value(ill,personnal
    etc)

    in the same way if they select late,then i want two text box(to enter
    time-in ,time-out) in the third column.

    another problem is the dropdownlist event inside the datagrid is not
    getting fired?
    how to fire it.

    if you have code plz give and help me
    it would be helpful for me if you mail.